Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Turkey Tacos and Beyond: Cook with Two Chicks' Taco Seasoning

I made fantastic tacos and quesadillas tonight, thanks to the authors of Cook with Two Chicks.  Kim and Carlinne have perfected their own secret recipe for taco seasoning which was a welcomed delight.

Their formula doesn't taste like the run-of-the-mill processed packet.  It's more authentically Mexican with a smoky flavor that is well-balanced with the other spices.  This seasoning is comparable to the tacos I've had in Cozumel and in my favorite Mexican restaurants.

Not only does their seasoning taste more authentic, it's by far less salty; a welcomed change for my taste buds as well as my blood pressure.

Please consider visiting their diverse blog.  Discover how to make cocktails with a certain kind of balsamic vinegar, a simple to enjoy quinoa in the summertime and book suggestions on what to read after your lunch under the sun.

Oh, and if you want to try their authentic tasting taco/Mexican seasoning, contact them HERE.

Thanks for reading, and thanks for visiting a couple of cool cookin' chicks.








4 comments:

  1. Wow, those look good! I was looking for a homemade taco seasoning recipe the other night...the one above looks pretty red, so I'm wondering if it uses more pure ancho or chipotle chili powder than regular chili powder, or maybe even smoked paprika. Guess there's only one way to find out :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not so familiar with Mexican food. But it's true, to have the right spices makes food taste authentical!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Anything that tastes great with less salt grabs my attention. Looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you ever make a vegetarian version of these....! ;)

    ReplyDelete